Monday, July 20, 2009

British Open 2009

The Open Championships which concluded over the weekend at Turnberry, Scotland was the third of the four Majors played every year.As I have indicated in my previous posts these events are time markers for me to track the progress of Spring and summer.Very soon in August,the fourth and final major will be played and that spells the end of summer.
This year the Open Championships is significant because Tom Watson, 2 months shy of his 60th birthday was in contention right until the very end when he lost in a playoff.Golf is a game that allows you to play at a very high level until late in life.I for one will play and enjoy this game for a very long time.My passion for this game and the efforts I make to improve has encouraged me to stay healthy.Because of golf I try to jog 2-3 times a week outdoors and use the treadmill in my basement during the winter.

No comments: