Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day Dreaming

BBQ is synonymous with Summer. So why these pictures of "beer can" chicken when there is a foot of snow on the ground and my BBQ grill does not look like it is ready for anything.Just day dreaming? Maybe not.
It is the middle of winter and the picture of the chicken from my archives is an ideal kick off for the recording of my culinary journey.I am a passionate home cook.I cook for my family and occasionally for my friends. It is time to record all the stuff that I have done and therefore I am getting off my butt to record this journey and I hope to share this with you.However this will not entirely on my adventures ( and sometimes misadventures!) in the kitchen.I will also record and share with you my other passions viz golf, baseball and my family.
"Beer can" chicken is one of the easiest ways to roast chicken.I simply season the chicken with soy sauce ( also to give it colour) and pepper. Stick an 8 oz of beer or soft drink into the cavity.Pre heat the BBQ to 350F. Stand it up right on the BBQ grill on indirect heat ie the heat source is is front and back or on both sides and not directly under the chicken.Roast with the lid down for about 1 1/4 hours or until the meat thermometer reads 180F.I usually remove the chicken when the temperature reaches 170F as it will continue to cook.
I typically eat this with sweet Thai chilli sauce.
Posted by Picasa













No comments: